Monday, November 11, 2013

Stills with Reflection

I got a new living room table a few weeks ago, a quite large one with glass surface. I thought it could make a nice studio effect with reflections. And so last night I got myself as far as trying out ideas. I found a couple o smooth white stones I've picked on a beach ages ago, two pieces of spectrolite stone, fethers, coloring pens and onions to start with. Equipments I used: EOS 5D Mark 2, EF 100 f2,8 Macro, a tripod, remote control, a reflector and a flash light. I had one light towards the sealing in the corner, otherwise the room was dark. To play with light, I used the silver surface of the refelctor to cool of the yellowish flashlight light. Using an f-stop between 9 and 14, I got time to play with directing the light from different angles. The exposure times are between 20" to 30".




The biggest problem is dust and a cat in the house. First the cat thought I was being really good to her, placing the stones to play with. Just when I was about to shoot, she jumped up on the table and my setup was gone. And the dust, no matter how I wiped and cleaned there it was. Luckily Lightroom 5 has an easy spot removal tool to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment